Following the great success of last year, the Buccleuch Free Church of Scotland are again hosting Doors Open Day in partnership with the Causey Development Trust, simultaneously with the Buccleuch Festival. Get the full story behind two of the beautiful historic buildings acting as the backdrop for the outdoor portrait exhibition.
Buccleuch and Greyfriars Free Church of Scotland, C listed and dating from 1856, dominates the area with its towering steeple by J, WH & JM Hay, who also built Augustines on George IV Bridge.
Chapel of Ease, B-listed (Graveyard): Built in 1755-6 as an overflow for St Cuthbert’s, Lothian Road, its tranquil secret graveyard houses several significant graves plus the unmarked grave of Deacon Brodie.
Date: Saturday 28 September 2013
Time: 12 – 5pm